What is MCAD Certification?

Microsoft Certificed Application Developer ( MCAD ) is one of the most popular and useful microsoft certification. MCAD is composed for several tests that allow to check your skill in Visual Studio 2003 .net, SQL Server and Web Services.


MCAD Tests

In order to get a MCAD certification you must pass 3 core exam and 1 elective exam. You can choose if you want to use C# or Visual Basic. But sicerelly it is not matter which language did you decide to use. It is not a programming language exam, so do not get scare about it. When I did my MCAD certification I did it using Visual Basic.net, because I though my skills in Visual Basic was better than my skills in C#. However, now i am sure the the programming language is not the focus of this exam.

But if you asked for my advice, I will say if I would have to take my MCAD certification I will be oding it in C#, Why? well just have a look to the market, after I got my MCAD certfication I got a really good job, but during my investigations and searching for job I found out that 80% of companies are looking for C# skills, I was lucky but maybe you will not, so take my advices and do your MCAD certification in C#. Anyway, there are not too many differents between these two languages, In my new job I am doing C# and it is pretty easy, so any doubt do not hesitate to post your question and I will help you.

3 Core Tests

C# or Visual Basic, well I think I was enough clear above about what I think, if you did not read the previos topic, do it in C#.

The first core test for MCAD certification
  • 70-305 ( Visual Basic ) or 70-315 ( C# )

The second core test for MCAD certification

  • 70-306 ( Visual Basic ) or 70-316 ( C# )

The third core test for MCAD certification

  • 70-310 (Visual Basic) or 70-320 (C#)

1 comment:

eCommerce Analyst said...

MCAD certification is one of the most useful way to get a good job, spcially in the world of web applications and ecommerce ecommerce development